Two sections : English and French
- A francophone curriculum for students whose mother tongue or usual language is French.
- An English curriculum for students whose mother tongue or usual language is English.
The nursery, primary and language courses are taught by teachers who are native speakers.
Three cycles: nursery, primary, secondary
The nursery cycle accepts students in M1 when they are 4 years old. The educational project ensures the development of personality and skills, the potential for learning, cultivating respect for others and the environment.
The primary cycle, from P1 to P5, accepts students who are 6 to 10 years old. The school currently offers P1 only (see the development plan). The focus is on the mother tongue, mathematics and the first foreign language (German or French, 2.5 hrs) without neglecting artistic education, music, sports, discovery of the world and ethics. During the “European hours” (P3-P5), children of different language sections meet to participate in various activities around civic or cultural projects.
The secondary cycle (S1-S7) offers subjects that are taught by a variety of qualified teachers: language 1 (dominant), language 2, music, integrated science, mathematics, ITC, physical education, art. They also start a second foreign language (French, German or Spanish).
The 8 key competences targeted at the Lille European School.
The 8 key competencies targeted for the personal growth and development, social inclusion, active citizenship and employment are:
- Communication in the mother tongue
- Communication in foreign languages (2 foreign languages, 5h from the 1st year)
- Mathematical competence and basic competences in science and technology
- Digital competence
- Learning to learn
- Social and civic competences
- Sense of initiative and entrepreneurship
- Cultural awareness and expression
These educational targets replace those of the French curriculum.